The reason I got into radio was to make a difference. I'm personally involved with many local organizations, as well as the hundreds we work with through the station. Here are just a few of the groups I spend more time helping:
University of Iowa Children's Hospital, CMN, and Dance Marathon
The ARC of East Central Iowa
Knights of Columbus
Marion Youth Baseball
I enjoy coaching baseball, playing tennis, kickboxing, listening to music, playing board games with my kids, riding rollercoasters and taking long walks on the beach.
My favorite teams that I follow:
· Minnesota Vikings Football
· Nebraska Cornhuskers Football
· Univ of North Dakota Fighting Sioux Hockey
· Linn Mar Lions
· Iowa Hawkeyes
· Minnesota Twins & Cincinnati Reds Baseball
Want to be happy, despite the situation you are in? Doesn't everyone? Saw this article on the web from elitedaily which lists the 10 habits you need to stop doing to be happy. I'd like to know who in the world can do all of these consistently. Next to impossible. Let me know when you've conqured the list.
10. Stop procrastinating on your goals.
9. Stop blaming others and making excuses.
8. Stop trying to avoid change.
7. Stop trying to control the uncontrollable.
6. Stop talking down to yourself.
5. Stop criticizing others.
4. Stop running from your fears.
3. Stop living in a different time and place.
2. Stop trying to be someone you're not.
1. Stop being unappreciative. (EliteDaily.com)